Wondering about the Wonders of the World

December 22, 2011

INTRO:Wondering
For a long time now, I wondered who decides the 7 Wonders of the World... and why there are just 7...

Recently the Iguazu falls were named as the new 7 Natural Wonders of the World... I was amazed that they weren't before.Now I've learned that the number "seven" was chosen because the Greeks believed it to be the representation of perfection and plenty.

The natural wonders of the world is hard to judge because everything is perfect and impressive as it is... who is to say that the Iguazu Falls is more or less impressive than the Grand Canyon, or the Everest, or the Sahara desert?

Man-made
Now, the man-made wonders of the world is a sort of raze to what man can make. And that is exciting.

From the original Man-made 7 Wonders, I think they all look lame, besides the Great Pyramid of Giza, and the Colossus of Rhodes, in Greece (Which btw, it's being rebuilt!!)



My list
There are so many well-known structures that made the ever changing list, but I came up with two different lists:

Part 1: The 8 (less-known) Wonders of the World... and part 2: The The 8 Wonders of Argentina.

Why 8? because it's my favorite number, and this is MY list so... 8 it is... :)

And how did I choose the wonders? For how impressed I was about it, and how well known it is to most people.

Popular Posts