“Oh, the cleverness of me!”

Salt Lake City, Utah
March 27, 2013
 
"Fighting pirates"
People always tell me I am a man-child. The eternal Peter Pan.  I loved Peter Pan's story...

they would say, "You live in the clouds! Come down to earth and put your feet on the ground," "Grow up already!"

They were/are right, I am a dreamer. I believe in dreams and hopes. I don't know how else I should be.

I guess it hurts to be disappointed a bit more when you are so naive and trusting. But again, I don't know how to not to be me. So all I'lI get to do now is sob. It'll pass, I know.

However similarity I have with Peter pan, I never imagined I would be literally be fighting against pirates in my life though. But it has come the time, as if taken from a fantasy novel, when I must battle against... yes,  a pirate.

"But, Captain, wouldn't it be more humane-like to slit his throat"


Let the grown ups...
You might think I'm crazy, but "crazy," really, doesn't even begin to describe what I am going through.

Should I win or loose this battle, life will go on, and I'll keep living. After all “To live will be [and always is] an awfully big adventure.”  

And I think it would be prudent to add to this previous statement one of my favorite quotes from President Gordon B Hinckley, “The cause of most of man's unhappiness is sacrificing what he wants most for what he wants now.” 

So I think it's important to know and understand what is it that we want the most, and go for it, all the way.



Stronger - (Kiesza) From the Finding Neverland The Musical

I'm on my own
And the road ahead, I must walk alone

They're all leaving me
Don't be leaving me

No, they can't take away my mind
Where I go, they will never find

I feel stronger, bigger
I feel taller, so much higher
Feel enlightened
Can't be frightened anymore
I can run now so much faster
And if he won't be my master
And to conquer the demons
I won't have to wait much longer
I am stronger

Through the darkest place
The faintest light
Oh, it gave me hope to face my fight
Pain delivered me
I don't need that sympathy

No, they can't take away my pride
Where I go, they will never find

I feel stronger, bigger
I feel taller, so much higher
Feel enlightened
Can't be frightened anymore
I can run now so much faster
And if he won't be my master
And to conquer the demons
I won't have to wait much longer
I am stronger

You'll see in time I will survive
Too soon to run, too late to hide
It's my destiny
Every pace, every stride

I feel stronger (tell me no tonight)
I feel stronger (I'm gonna show you why)
I can run now so much faster
And if he won't be my master
And to conquer the demons
I won't have to wait much longer
I am stronger

I've got to be stronger
I need to be stronger
I've got to feel stronger

I've got to feel stronger
I need to be stronger

“the moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”

Popular Posts