"The Big Apple (Store)"

New York, NY
May 9, 2010

(12:00)

"The Apple Store"
Blocks away from Times Square, on Fifth Ave, I run into the Apple Store. Well, actually, I was looking for it... it was funny asking people about it.




I stopped an old guy and asked him "Do you know where the apple store is?"
he lough sarcastically (like just an older person can do) and said, "Which one? there must be hundreds of them..."
"Yeah," I said, "I mean like THE apple store..."
"No, i don't really know," he said.



So later I stopped a younger dude, and asked the same question
He automaticaly seemed to knwo what i was talking about and asked, "The Cube? Yes, two block that way, on fifth..."

Apple has received numerous architectural awards for its store designs, particularly its midtown Manhattan location... so I assumed that people would just know what I was talking about when I said "THE apple store."

Popular Posts