"You are not good enough"

Salt Lake City, Utah


"Encouragement"
If you are destined to do something great, amazing, or extraordinary, for sure you'll have a lot of people telling you "You are not good enough" so get ready, because you are destined to do something great, amazing and extraordinary...


"Someone like you"
I am not comparing myself to this amazing people, and I am not (in anyway) suggesting I have a successful life, but this video reminded me when I was about to come to the US and had to have an interview with the US Embassy.

I remember many people telling me, "Someone like you never gets the Visa," and when I got the Visa they said, "yeah but you will never be able to speak English well anyway..." and when I spoke English well they said "Yeah, but you are [a Latino or a foreigner] and people like you never gets good jobs" and when i got a good job... the list goes on and on...

 I am not surprised that people tells me I am going to fail, I am surprised from who those words of discouragement comes from...


(Some times it comes from me, I am my worse critic and enemy I guess)

Would it be Cliché if I say that this whole thought reminds me to that famous poem from Marianne Williamson?

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate."
"Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
"It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,talented and fabulous?..."

(Our greatest fear by Marianne Williamson)


Encouragement: Pass it on

Popular Posts