Internship (Week Six)

Saturday 17, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT

Signatures
I was assigned to call hundreds of people and ask them to harry and send some contracts allowing us to use their images on some DVD Production.

The first dead line was last Friday, but they extended the dead line to this week’s Friday.

Monday we received most of the names we needed, and the closer the week went to an end, the less names we had in the list until it was Thursday night and we had like 8 names in our list.



It was almost 7 pm and my supervisor came to my desk to help me. Then she informed me that most of the kids who participated on the DVD production were selected on the Religion Seminary classes.

So I thought it would be a good idea to call the Seminary Director of Mexico City.

When we called, a secretary told us that the director couldn’t come to the phone because he was teaching a class.

I asked her to go to the class and tell him that I was calling him from the AV Department on the headquarters of the Church.

She changed her tone of voice and asked me in a mean way if what I was insinuating for her to do was to go and interrupt a class so he could come talk on the phone with me.

I knew she meant with that tone that there was no way she was going to do that, but still my answer was a firm “yes, that’s exactly what I want you to do”.

She stood on silence for a second and then she asked me the matter of this call. “It’s concerning a legal matter,” I said, and I didn’t lie, but I said it with a tone that would worry her.



My supervisor started laughing, but I kept my calm. The secretary finally went to get him and so we got to talk to the Seminary Director of Mexico City.

.And what a bless he was that by next morning, hours before the second deadline, he had all the contrasts we needed handed in.

Success!

Popular Posts