Age shame (Ashamed) PART III

May 2, 2009


REXBURG, Idaho—My new ward is a lot smaller than my previous ward.

I already know some people in the ward; like Quincy, who’s a co-worker of mine, or Brighton, another Seaside girl.

A few days ago I told some girls I was 24 (instead of the truth:29) and they didn’t believe me.

They thought I was younger. (They were between 17 and 19 years old)


Days later my bishop left a message on my cell phone: “Hello Hernan, I want to welcome to the ward, I was just trying to transfer your record from your previous ward but for some reason we can’t. Now I heard that you are 24… but in your birth of date that you provided to us says that you were born in 1980. So maybe you meant to say 1988 which would make much more sense.”


Oh no!! My little lie is getting bigger and bigger by the minute. So I decided to come clean to the bishop. “No Bishop, I was born in 1980…” (They had the day wrong, the year was right)

Why is this a big deal to me? I DON’T KNOW! But it is.

Popular Posts