“Things I wanted to do before I reached 30”

Salt Lake City, Utah
March 8, 2010


My 30s
I can’t believe I'm 30! It feels just right… it really makes me happy I am thirty though. Yes, I am not looking forward to go back to Rexburg and be around younger crowds again. But what you gonna do? I’ve got to finish, and I am so close.

I am going to be the first Bogado from my immediate family to graduate form a University! How awesome is that?

There are just a few people here or anywhere who really understand where I am coming from and how far I’ve come.




“Things I wanted to do before I reached 30”
Anyway, I had a list of things I wanted to do before I reached 30. I wrote this list when I was 16 so some of them are not very realistic, but it was fun to see that I accomplished most of those things, or I was close to it, or I am close to it. (When I wrote thing I was teenager, so some changes had to be made... I've changed all the sexual related things to Marriage)


The List: According 16-years-old me (1996)

1. Be in loved
2. Marry the girls of my dreams
3. Skydiving (bungee jumping)
4. Fix my teeth
5. Make my mom Proud
6. Help my parents to move to a better neighborhood.
7. Speak/Sing in public [large audience]
8. Finish reading at least 30 books
9. Plant a tree
10. Date a gorgeous girl
11. Hike to the top of a mountain and scream as laud as I can.
12. Tell someone something you wanted to say and never dared.
13. Get wasted
14. Shoot a gun
15. Speak English perfectly
16. Have Sex
17. Marry the girls of my dreams
18. Have a baby
19. Accept yourself for who you are.
20. Own an awesome car
21. Spend three months getting your body into optimum shape
22. Meet the president
23. Meet Xuxa
24. Make someone who is sad, smile.
25. See the world [or as much as I can]
26. Graduate from University
27. Go up in a hot-air balloon
28. Overcome your fear of failure.
29. Live on your own
30. Learn how to Cook


"The last chance"
Some friends Helped me to find things I should do before I reach 30. This was my last chance… and my first goal was to find things you should have done before 30.

The following is a combination of old goals and some friend’s suggestions.



The List: According the 2010 me:

1. Find things you should have done before 30
2. Sing an ABBA song in public
3. Finish a book
4. Go to the temple
5. Hike to the top of a mountain and scream as laud as I can [or have a picnic there]
6. Tell someone something you wanted to say and never dared to.
7. Get wasted (From Dancing ;-D)
8. Drive a wicked cool car, (even if you have to rent it) Date someone out of your league (Ask someone you've only just met to go on a date, or someone gorgeous, or 30 years older than you, or someone dangerous)
9. Volunteer work
10. Do something extreme/stupid/crazy
11. Send a message in a bottle
12. Cook a nice dinner for your friends

Popular Posts