"So…"

Salt Lake City, Utah

February 7, 2010


Downtown SLC, 12:30 am

I am walking on the sidewalk of this street in Downtown when I see this pretty girl leaving, alone, this pub/bar.

(She is looking for something on her purse; I walk slower until I am walking next to her)

Me: Hi!

Pretty Girl: Hi! (She glances at me for a second, smiles and turns again to her purse)

Me: How’s your night going?

Pretty Girl: Pretty good, yours? (Found what she was looking for, it was her car keys)

Me: …ugh… It’s been OK, I guess…

Pretty Girl: (She smiles) Yeah, I know what you mean…

Me:

Pretty Girl: Where are you going?

Me: Home

Pretty Girl: Yeah, me too…

Me:

Pretty Girl: Do you need a ride?

(I live a block away)

Me: … Yeah… (Why not?)

Pretty Girl: This is my car. (It was a blue minivan! And it had a baby car seat in the back!!!!)

Me: …Cool! (I get in)

Pretty Girl: (She gets in)

Me:

Pretty Girl:

(She starts the car and starts driving)

Me: So…

Pretty Girl: So…

(Awkward)Me: So, where are you from?

Pretty Girl: I’m from here, born and raised in Bountiful, a few minutes north from here. How about you?

Me: What?

Pretty Girl: Where are you from?

Me: I am from Argentina.

Pretty Girl: That’s really cool!

Me: …Yeah…

Pretty Girl:

Me: …So… You have kids (I look back to the baby car seats)

Pretty Girl: Oh, yeah… I have two…

Me: (TWO!!!) … Cool...

Pretty Girl: …Yeah…

Me:

Pretty Girl:

(AWKWARD)

Me: Oh, this is where I live (NAT)

Pretty Girl: Oh… (She stops the car) you were close.

Me: Yeah... but, Hey! It was really nice to meet you!

Pretty Girl: yeah, ‘you too…

Me: Thanks for the ride! (I Get out of the minivan-with baby car seats on it) Bye!

Pretty Girl: Bye! (She drives away)

I am walking on the sidewalk of this street in Downtown again, when I see this pretty girl leaving, alone, this pub/bar.

(I walk faster until I am walking next to her)

Me: Hi!


Salt Lake City's Photography: Dav.d Photograhy

Popular Posts